Green Buzz Agency is 2x as large as we were a year ago and 5x larger than we were 4 years ago. We’re looking for a versatile Editor to play an integral role in maintaining the agency’s upward trajectory – someone who has a dynamic vision to make an impact and the problem-solving ability to navigate it to completion.
We are a highly decorated (Emmy, Webby), full-service video production and media strategy team dedicated to pushing the limits of the production process to create exceptional content for national media platforms and well-known brands (Facebook Watch, Nickelodeon, Showtime, Goldman Sachs, SYFY, AWS, Hilton, American Red Cross, Make-A-Wish and many more).
The Editor will:
- Oversee the post production process for 2-3 projects concurrently. Our projects involve creating original video content which is typically distributed online. In some cases, we deliver content for other platforms like large live events or TV commercials. The style of projects range significantly from documentary to narrative.
- Collaborate with producers to develop creative strategy and execution for projects.
- Handle tasks like identifying story themes, color correction, writing scripts, selecting sound tracks, brainstorming creative concepts, maintain database of media assets, researching stock imagery, troubleshooting technical issues, sound design and other functions of the post-production process.
- Potentially help on field shoots as a camera assistant, 2nd camera operator, audio engineer or grip.
- Internal training from a variety of experts combined with time provided to sharpen your strategy and approach.
- Frequent lunches, happy hours, sports and fun activities outside the office.
- Two office dogs (Rio + Meatball), who have big personalities. Let us know if you are allergic to dogs!
- Food and drink options stocked in the office accessible to all team members.
- 20+ restaurants within a few blocks and 100+ restaurants in short driving distance of office, so plenty of lunch/happy hour options.
- Our office overlooks the Potomac River, awesome water views!
- Plenty of project travel opportunities.
- An arcade in the office including NBA Jam, Pacman, and 600+ Classic Arcade games.
- A studio in our office.
Bonus points if you:
- Have ever taught yourself a production skill set outside of the classroom on your own time.
- Enjoy developing concepts for digital or TV shows.
- Are proficient in Digital Editing, After Effects, Photoshop, Cinematography, Art Direction, or an area related to software engineering.
- Understand SEO, Website Design, Graphic Design or Media Analytics.
Ability to work out of Old Town Alexandria in VA.
6+ years of professional video editing experience.
Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, or another digital editing software.
A strong understanding of storytelling technique.
Knowledge of project management principles with ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Great communication skills.