Driving broadcast to social
To launch their first-ever digital short-form content, NBC’s SYFY channel partnered with Green Buzz Agency to create an ambitious branding initiative. SYFY had never made a “how-to” or “bts” video before, so we created the approach from the ground up. Everything from location scouting, casting, design, typography shooting and post-production was conducted and produced entirely in-house.
Our 12-piece series anchored SYFY’s flagship campaign, 31 Days of Halloween, and aired across social and linear.
- Our crew had just two days to gather enough footage for 12 videos with 6 on-air drivers.
- The demanding schedule involved a variety of complicated sets with actors and influencers.
- Producers maximized agility and efficiency through equipment choices such as steadicams, which created horror-movie inspired motion and eliminated unnecessary set design.
- Post-production for all 12 digital videos and 6 broadcast cutdowns took under three weeks.
- Our editing team focused on building tension with highly crafted sound design, well-placed speed ramps and moody color grading.
Headless Horseman Haunt
The Haunt video featured here is not for the faint of heart. Employing horror movie trailer techniques we created a twisted reality with gore and illusion. The tutorial portion of the video cuts the tension of the walk-through and employs a completely different lighting style and graphic introduction. The rest of the 12-part campaign can be seen on syfy.com.
Our campaign strategy was used to help launch and establish SYFY’s new digital brand. The project drove traffic from broadcast to social, with on-air television teasers drawing over 2 million views on Facebook alone.